The Gardner Summer Academy will be held at Gardner Pilot Academy:
- Monday, July 1 – Friday, August 2
- Note: No program on Thursday, July 4
- Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Free breakfast and free served every day
- Optional before-school program starting at 7:30 a.m. ($2 per day per student)
The GPA/YMCA Summer Academy provides a balance of academics and enrichment opportunities focused on community service. Every Friday, the program provides educational field trips to a variety of historic, educational, and cultural sights around the Boston area, sponsored this year by the People’s Bank in Allston, MA. The GPA Summer Enrichment Program partners with the Honan-Allston branch of the Boston Public Library, Yoga and Zumba instructors, and Tenacity to provide enrichment opportunities to students.
Space is limited. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. All applications must be received by Friday, June 7 in order to be considered for placement. Please note, however, that spaces in some grade levels may fill up before that date.
IMPORTANT: In order to participate, you must attend the mandatory Summer Academy Parent Orientation: Wednesday, June 12, 6:00 – 6:45 p.m., in the GPA Auditorium. If you cannot attend the orientation, you must schedule an appointment to meet with the Program Director, Arielle Fleisher, 617-635-8365.
- $204 per week, per child.
- It is important to note that discounted fees are available based on yearly family income. Fees will be based on the financial information you submitted with your after-school application. If your child is not enrolled in after-school, you must submit financial documentation (i.e., tax forms or one month of pay stubs) with your application. Scholarships also may be provided based on serious financial need for up to 12 students. These scholarship awards are determined by a school-based finance team.
- Optional before-school program (7:30 – 8:00 a.m.), $2 per day, per child.
- $100 deposit due by Tuesday, June 18.
- If your child is currently enrolled in after-school, your school year balance must be paid prior to Monday, June 24.
If you have any questions, please contact Arielle Fleisher at 617-635-8365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.